• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming Xbox Series X/S users surprised with gorgeous free download

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
1715463303287.png

Gamers with an Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S system can grab a new free download right now in celebration of a game you may have forgotten is coming out very soon.

Senua's Saga: Hellblade II officially launches 21 May, and it looks absolutely stunning. This is Xbox's first big exclusive of 2024 at a time where it desperately needs to remind fans it can still bring the thunder. No pressure, then.

Assuming you have one of the new-gen Xbox consoles, you can currently claim a free download based on Hellblade II, although some fans are already complaining about it.

As pointed out by The Verge's Tom Warren on Twitter, you can currently download a free dynamic theme for Hellblade II, turning your Xbox dashboard into a moody dreamscape.

Alas, this dynamic background apparently isn't dynamic enough for some, with users complaining that outside of the faintly swirling mist it doesn't really do anything.

"They need to step it up with these 'Dynamic Backgrounds'. I've seen more impressive dynamic backgrounds, via apps, on my iPhone 5 from over a decade ago," complains one unhappy fan.

"I really wish we would get some more animation and sounds with it," another adds, while a third observes: "I can't tell what's dynamic about it."

I guess you get what you pay for. Frankly I'm just happy we still have custom themes on Xbox Series consoles, which is more than can be said for the drudgery of the PlayStation 5 UI. And don't even get me started on the Nintendo Switch and its two options.

To download this dynamic background, all you need to do is navigate to Xbox's digital storefront and claim the new custom theme for the princely sum of nothing at all. And if you've never heard of Hellblade before, consider this your signal to go check out the first game before 21 May.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back